Well, the Raleigh marathon weekend is over, and if you follow me on instagram, you may have seen how it went:
I didn’t reach my 3:50 goal, and I almost broke 4 hours but not quite. It was hot and it was a tough, hilly course. I need another day or two to gather my thoughts about it all before posting, so for now I am going to leave it at that.
Instead, I thought I would break things up for this post by answering some questions that go along with the Leibster Award.
I was nominated by Lauren at Will Run For Boston a few days ago, so I am excited to share some things about myself that usually wouldn’t make it into the blog. I’ve been following Lauren’s blog for a few months and she is so inspiring! She will be running the Boston Marathon next week and I have loved following along with her training!
1.What is your favorite sport to watch on TV/in person?
I have a hard time paying attention to sports on TV, but I enjoy watching football and basketball. In person, I enjoy going to baseball games. I really enjoy watching races and I can’t wait to watch the Boston marathon coverage next week!
2. Pancakes, waffles or french toast?
Hmm this is a tough one- they’re all good! Lately I’ve been craving french toast for some reason, so I’ll go with that.
3. Do you have any interesting nicknames?
When I was in college I was given the nickname “Lily”…it’s kind of a long and embarrassing story of how it came about, but its stuck around for 10 years now.
4. What is your biggest running related goal?
My biggest goal would be to qualify for Boston, but at this point its not a realistic goal. I am working on breaking 4 hours, with my goal for 2014 of 3:50.
5. Do you run before or after work?
I prefer running before work. I am definitely a morning person!
6. What was your high school mascot?
My high school mascot was the frog…the town where I grew up was originally called “Frog Hollow” which led to the mascot.
7. Have you ever lived in another country?
I studied abroad in London when I was a junior in college. It was an amazing experience!
8. How many alarms do you set in the morning?
So I know I said above how I am a morning person, and I am, but I get really paranoid about getting up on time. I set 2 alarms on my phone and another regular alarm clock for 10 minutes later.
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
This is one of those questions that I feel like its hard to think of the answer until they happen. One is wet socks. Another is people who walk slow in front of me. That’s all I can think of right now:)
10. How do you feel about the new “Girl Meets World” show?
I didn’t even know about this until I read this question! I googled it and I’m intrigued…but I do worry it will be a big let down.
The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers. It helps to generate attention for new and upcoming bloggers, generally those with 200 followers or less.
The Liebster Award Rules
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
My 10 nominees are…
Chrissy @ Pink Polish and Running Shoes
Lauren @ Run Salt Run
Megan @ The Skinny Life
Hannah @ Fueled by Love
Lily @ Lily Runs the World
Agata @ Boozy Runner
Ashley @Chocolate Covered Race Medals
Kristen @ Medium Roast
Janelle @ Run with no Regrets
(Hopefully none of you have already done this- I don’t remember reading it on any of your blogs, but I know its been going around for some time now!)
I’m not feeling very creative tonight, so I am going to reuse some of the questions that were already created for the Leibster award, along with a few of my own:
1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. Are you a morning or a night person?
3. What is your biggest running or fitness goal?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation this week, where would you go?
5. What is your biggest running/fitness accomplishment?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start a blog?
7. What is one dessert that you could not live without?
8. Do you spend most of your time throughout the day sitting, standing, or a combination of both?
9. What is your favorite post-workout indulgence?
10. What time do you usually go to bed at night?
I’m looking forward to reading your responses:) Please share answers to any of these questions in the comments, too!